One of the most important parts of a correctly completed electrical installation is the certification.

Not only does this show that the work has been carried out in compliance with the existing British Standard for wiring regulations (BS7671 - known as the IEE 16th Wiring regulations), it is also a record of test results and will save time for any electrician carrying out further work.

It is also an important document in the event of a problem with the work, and is likely to be requested by any future purchaser of the property.

The types of certificate that you may see depend on the circumstances:

Electrical Installation Certification (EIC) - This covers any installation work that is not considered minor, which includes the provision of new circuits and replacement of consumer units.

Minor Works Certificate (MWC) - This covers minor work, where an existing circuit or appliance is replaced or altered, but no new circuits are installed.

Periodic Inspection Report (PIR) - Every property should be inspected at intervals. With commercial properties the intervals are set by leglislation, but with domestic properties the suggested period is 10 years.

Compliance with Building Regulations Certificate - This is supplied by the local Building Control Department where work is required to be certified under Part P of the Building Regulations. See the Part P link on the main menu for further information.

All work carried out by Dartlec will be correctly certified.

Niceic logo

For all your domestic electrical needs.....
Call Dartlec on 01322 476121